apply for tnaf 2016
Thanks for your interest in the festival. Please read the following carefully before applying.
The New Art Festival (TNAF) is a celebration of original, one-of-a-kind art and fine craft. It has been organized to provide a quality event for emerging and established professional artists to network with the public and their colleagues, and to promote their studio practices. This festival is not product-driven. Selling art should be regarded as a welcome element of this exhibition and not its sole purpose.
new in 2016: send your support materials electronically!
Save paper and CDs by emailing us your support materials. See "how to apply" section below for details.
- TNAF only accepts original, one-of-a-kind artwork
- All artwork must be created by the applicant
- Reproductions are NOT accepted at TNAF
- Exception: limited edition prints, e.g. printmakers & photographers can exhibit signed & numbered limited edition prints. Edition size must be 100 maximum. What is a limited edition print?
- The following items are NOT accepted at TNAF: greeting cards, fridge magnets, non-limited edition prints, mass-produced t-shirts & clothing, imported items, soap & bath products, work assembled from commercial kits
- Clothes can be exhibited if they are handmade, one-of-a-kind creations
- Failure to comply with TNAF’s criteria and reproduction policy will result in being disqualified from future festivals
- Registration is for individual artists only. Exception: artists working collaboratively will be permitted to share a display space. Collaborative implies that more than one artist has worked on the artwork being submitted and displayed. Artists working collaboratively must choose ONE artist’s contact information for TNAF's communication purposes.
- Participating artists are selected by a jury comprised of practicing artists and arts professionals
- Applications are juried relative to the integrity, originality, craftsmanship and artistic merit of the art represented in the images submitted
- All jury decisions are final. Due to the high volume of applications, TNAF does not provide feedback.
Online application form, support materials AND cheque must be RECEIVED on or before March 15, 2016 (not a postmark deadline)
Artists will be informed of the jury’s decision approximately six weeks after the deadline date
fees & space dimensions
- Fee is for both days. There are no one day spaces available.
- TNAF has had to hire extra help to clean up garbage (packing materials, broken lawn chairs, discarded canvasses, etc.) left in the park by participants at the end of the festival. A $10 park clean-up fee has been added to space fees to cover this cost.
- Cheques must be made out for amount listed in the fee column
how to apply
Follow TNAF's new 3-step application process
- All applicants must complete steps 1, 2 & 3. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Your online application form (step 1), support materials (step 2) AND cheque (step 3) must be RECEIVED on or before March 15, 2016
step 1: application form
Complete the application form HERE
step 2: support materials
Email the following support materials by the deadline date to tnafreg(at)gmail.com
NEW electronic application process. Do not mail your support materials.
i.) five to ten professional-quality digital images
Each image must be:
Send a minimum of five and a maximum of ten images. Do not submit more than ten images as only the first ten will be presented to the jury.
NOTE: The first image submitted (e.g. 1_artist name_artwork title_date.jpg) may be used by TNAF for promotional purposes only. Copyright always remains with the artist.
ii.) image list
Completed TNAF image list. Please use the image list form provided. Download it HERE.
iii.) artist statement
iv.) artist CV or bio
v.) students only
step 3: space fee
Mail your space fee cheque to:
The New Art Festival
700 Bank Street
P.O. Box 14053
Ottawa, ON K1S 3T2
Note: cheques cannot be hand-delivered
questions about how to apply?
Email us at tnafreg(at)gmail.com